Having a hole in your mouth can be a challenge regarding correct pronunciation common to the front teeth, including smiling, biting, and eating. That’s why we need a solution for this, and the best way to go is either a crown, a bridge, or dentures. In this article, we focus on a dental bridge as the ultimate solution for missing teeth in the mouth.
Dental bridges are bridges between two teeth; they are prosthetic fillers to bridge the gap. They are designed to fill any gap, even a gap in the front teeth. They are made of different materials such as porcelain, ceramic and other metal alloys such as gold.
Types of Zirconia Ceramic Dental bridges.
• Frontal dental bridges, these are usually made to cover a frontal gap, they are made so that the prosthetic tooth is held between a pair of crowns in front of the adjacent teeth. The crown is attached to the teeth on either side of the gap it bridges.
- Advertisement -
• Maryland Bridge or bonded bridge uses a framework such as metal or porcelain wings to attach to adjacent teeth and hold the pontic in place of the opening. They are easy to repair, but over time the resin glue loses its strength and they can fall off.
• Cantilever Bridge, where the artificial tooth is fixed using an abutment that fixes it to one of the adjacent natural teeth. They use the traditional bridge technique only that they rely on one tooth in addition to the missing one.
• Implant-supported bridge, a wide gap of missing teeth or one that is in a position without strong teeth to hold the artificial one in place, dental implants are used. This includes the attachment of an implant to the openings to hold the pontic in place; they are the most common and safest dental bridges because they do not compromise the integrity of the other teeth. Although they are procedural, they provide lasting solutions.
Benefits of Zirconia Ceramic Dental bridges
• They bring back your smile
- Advertisement -
• They help shape the facial muscles and jaws
• One is able to avoid tongue biting and other problems resulting from misalignment of the teeth due to missing teeth
• One can chew, bite and pronounce well
- Advertisement -
The procedure for a Zirconia Ceramic Dental bridges
This follows a good agreement with your dentist on the best dental bridge, depending on the process the time will probably vary.
On the first visit, for the traditional dental bridge, the adjacent teeth are prepared for crowning, which involves partially removing the enamel layer so that an adhesive can adhere to it and create space for the crown.
During this visit, the impressions of your teeth are made to allow the design of the artificial teeth. A temporary bridge is placed to protect the already prepared segment.
On the second visit, the temporary bridge will be replaced by a well-fitting and adapted permanent bridge. Dental visits are scheduled to monitor progress and resolve any issues.
Cost of one Zirconia Ceramic Dental bridges
The price varies with the type of bridge used. However, the procedure is quite affordable and your dentist can advise you on the best procedure that is affordable for your wallet.
Zirconia ceramic dental bridges have a lot of advantages and very few disadvantages, they last a long time and with proper oral care and regular visits to the dentist they can last more than a decade. They don’t cause trouble or pain, they actually make life better again.
Zirconia ceramic dental bridges
#Zirconia #ceramic #dental #bridges