From module seven, where a group of about 160 18 gang members are being held, the group that murdered the 46 deprived of their liberty from the National Women’s Penitentiary for Social Adaptation (PNFAS) came out and none of the participants has been identified.
Sources from organizations that have been close to the process that took place after the massacre of the women deprived of liberty, confided to LA PRENSA Premium that none of the women from the gang module 18 have been identified as participating in the criminal act.
The massacre occurred on the morning of June 20 when a group of inmates set fire to one of the modules where women who identify themselves as members of the Mara Salvatrucha.
- Advertisement -
The group of women also attacked the victims with firearms. According to investigations, the massacre had been planned since Aprilwhen there was an alert that there would be riots in prisons, the source revealed.
He stressed that the idea of perpetrating the massacre arose since simultaneous shootings began to take place in the prisons of El Pozo, La Tolva and the Támara National Penitentiary and the necessary measures were not taken in the women’s prison.
Many of the inmates claim that the attackers had already defined who their targets would be. A part of the group that left compound seven went directly to module one where the MS prisoners were and they threw burning mattresses at them. Seconds before they had subdued the prison police. The women also shot their victims with an uzi, a rifle and pistols.
Among those who burned to death is Vilma González Ávila, who was the group’s coordinator and was known by the nickname “Big Mama.”
- Advertisement -
The Public Ministry has already identified most of the women and has handed over 26 of the bodies to relatives in Tegucigalpa.
Burned to death, 23 died. Their bodies were left in the bathroom where the women tried to take refuge, but were trapped on top of each other.
- Advertisement -
While this was happening, other gang members went to the vicinity of home four, where Lourdes Yanet Osorto, her daughter Joselin Selenia Espinal Osorto and Yessica Janet Ávila Barahona were, with whom the 18 gang members had rivalries.
The inmates have lamented the murder of Lourdes Yaneth Osorto since the day of the massacre, as they said that she dedicated herself to praying in each of the modules, since she was in a Christian group called Passion for Souls.
In the home, three killed Nathalia Sarahí Ponce Romero and Rosa Nohemi Padilla García. The murderers also took the lives of Irma Aracely Velásquez Vásquez in home five, as well as Johana Elizabeth Midence Martínez. In one of the homes called Annexes, former police officers Diandra Mariel Andrade Zelaya, Senia María Ocampos and Vivian Melissa Juárez Fiallos were murdered.
In that same module there were other inmates who were not shot by the gang members. The members of the 18, according to the inmates consulted, already had the list of the women they would kill.
The Police reported that they had 12 inmates identified as perpetrators of the massacre, but there are no charges yet.
A former prisoner recounted that some of the women who were killed were related to the members of the MS, as well as former members of the 18 who had withdrawn from their group while in prison.
“They do not forgive, if you are not with the neighborhood you are against it, that is the motto,” he said. They move them. The prisoners who were in module one of the MS13, after the massacre, were transferred for safety to a center for minors in the same area of Támara.
Within this prison compound, women who identify themselves as members of the 18 gang are also separated, who for now do not have the right to visit.
As reported by the Public Ministry, prosecutors for Human Rights and crimes against life, carry out proceedings together with agents of the Police Directorate of Investigations (DPI).
The Police spokesman, Commissioner Miguel Martínez, indicated that he was not authorized to speak about the case, since he did not have the report on the progress of the investigations and the leadership of the proceedings was being carried out by the Public Ministry.
The Police have not confirmed the confiscation of weapons that they made inside the prison either, since “a procedure is being followed.”
Forensic Medicine confirmed yesterday that the bodies of 26 women have been delivered to their families. They detailed that the 26 corpses were fully identified with the fingerprint comparison method.
They announced that the identification process of the remaining bodies will be carried out in the first instance with scientific methods of odontogram (oral autopsy) and as a last practice the DNA test. This test is done by taking samples from relatives of the victims and then they are compared.
Regarding the women who participated in the murders, the Prosecutor’s Office has not presented accusations either, since the DPI has not delivered a report nor has the suspects been identified.
change of authorities
1. The first government announcement was the separation of Security Minister Ramón Sabillón and General Commissioner Gustavo Sánchez Velásquez was sworn in for that position. , who served as director of the National Police since the beginning of the mandate of President Xiomara Castro.
2. President Xiomara Castro in a ten-point statement ordered the Military Police to take control of the penal centers in Honduras as of July 1, for which the Armed Forces have already started meetings with the police authorities to take control of the prisons .
3. The Intervention Commission of the National Penitentiary Institute (INP), which was chaired by Dr. Julissa Villanueva, was dissolved. Villanueva will continue in her position as Vice Minister of Security. She is critical of the new Security Minister, who she said she should have left too.